25.2.09

it's the beginning of something new, but it's alright because i'm afraid too

It's the season of Lent. Normally I don't do anything special during these 40 days, but I decided that maybe I should invest my time and energy into bettering myself. They say it takes 21 days to break a habit, so with that logic 40 days should knock it dead right? I just want to instill qualities within myself that I can respect. I'll try to be more consistent with my entries to update all my eager and adoring fans (hah!) concerning my struggle.

The List
  1. Pop: For those of you not familiar with this term; soda, soda pop, coke, carbonated beverages, etc. Not a huge fan of this, but I do find myself visiting the vending machines for a late night drink.
  2. Ordering in: This will probably be a hard habit to kick, especially considering the crowd that I run with. I'll need to stock up on food by other means or walk to the location itself and order. At least I'll burn calories in the process.
That's it for all the habits I want to kick. I decided to add a twist to Lent though. I know the idea is to be sacrificial, but I also wanted to pick up habits. Reverse sacrifice?

The List cont.
  1. Read the Bible: This should be a given in my life, but unfortunately I have this terrible tendency to neglect reading the Word. Oops. A goal would be to, at least, make it through all the Gospels.
  2. Be encouraging: Life is tough enough as it is. I want to bring people up and just give them props, or encouragements whenever I see something that I feel is deserving. We all need a pick-me-up every now and then. It's important that we get acknowledgment.
  3. Take a picture daily: Actually this is probably going to be a tough one, despite the fact that I'm suppose to be the "photographer." However, I have 8 rolls of films and possibly a new speedlight coming to keep my interest soaring.
  4. Finish a leisure book: Pretty straightforward. With all the time I waste, I should be able to get a book in. Currently working on "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller.

Well that's it. That's my list. Hopefully it's not more than I can accomplish. I simply ask, no beg, you to keep me accountable; especially on ordering in and taking a picture daily. I'll try my best to update more frequently with my struggles or conquests.

No comments: